Frankie and Trudy go undercover in the glamorous world of film in order to solve a seemingly impossible murder on a silent movie set.
- Trudy wishes she could be a silent film actress.
- Officer Mary Shaw and Flo pair up to do their own detective work on the case.
- Flo finds her "very own bloated body".
- Mack Sennett, who died Nov. 5, 1960, is widely regarded as the father of slapstick comedy for his pioneering silent film work as an actor, director and producer during cinema’s earliest days.
- Dmitry Chepovetsky who plays Mack Sennett is known to Murdoch Mystery fans as another historical character Nikola Tesla.
- The Canadian Government Motion Picture Bureau was founded in 1918. It was the first national film unit in the world. The Bureau was primarily used for tourism and promoting national interest abroad. In 1941 after three decades and thousands of films, it merged with the National Film Commission.
Laura Vandervoort as Sofia Devoe
Dmitry Chepovetsky as Mack Sennett
Megan Fahlenbock as Ruth Adkins
Stefano DiMatteo as Victor Manfrellotti
Eric Woolfe as Benny
Jason Allin as Man In A Suit
|Season 1 Episodes Guide|